16 April 2015

Back from Holiday


(image credit: T. Kimberlyn)

I suppose this is my official first blog post. I thought about leaving my first page as just a gallery for my art and create a second blog page, but we'll see how this goes. I'm actually cringing over how the introduction of normal photos will look with my paintings.

I was going to start write this post about my 30 Paintings in 30 Days challenge but I figured I'd talk about that within this post : ) So, how did it go? Well, I finished 23 paintings! I knew at the start that it would be a challenge to finish 30 because my vacation was beginning on the 26th. However, I believed I could push through and get those other 7 completed. Didn't end up doing so but I'm super proud of myself for finishing the amount that I did. I do believe I'll do another post about what I learned through the challenge. I am also in the process of having my work professionally scanned and quality prints made so that I can begin to sell these works. It's wonderful to have people that admire what I've created and want to make it a part of their space.

Now back to my Holiday. I'm currently living Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates with my husband and 2 kids. I'm teaching art to secondary school children and am really enjoying being exposed and exposing my kids to new cultures and being able to travel to new places. What is typically considered Spring Break in the States is the holiday I just returned from. We went to Thailand! I LOVE Thailand. It was actually my second time going and I'm happy to report that it was just as wonderful this time around as 3 years ago. This time was much more laid back as my youngest child is 1.5 and required naps and honestly, so did we LoL. The food was great, the weather was amazing and the people were welcoming. I do believe we will return again some day.

So, that's it for now. I plan to write a bit more and not just post pics, but hey, I had to start somewhere :)

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Template Design By Baby in Heels
Back to Top